Suggestion for improved clarity in xref.el symbol names

From: Robert Weiner
Subject: Suggestion for improved clarity in xref.el symbol names
Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2016 16:27:57 -0400

The xref.el library has many variables and functions with `backend' in them, indicating that they represent language-dependent entities.  Before the xref API is set in stone, I would consider replacing this term with 'language' as it reads better in the names, it refers to a concept intrinsic to the cross-references themselves which are language-specific, whereas backend is just an implementation detail, and it will make more sense to users of the library who may not be familiar with the concept of a `backend'.

Just a thought but I know these names will live for a long time.