Re: matlab-mode MELPA, link contact FAQ?

From: Uwe Brauer
Subject: Re: matlab-mode MELPA, link contact FAQ?
Date: Sat, 16 Apr 2016 07:49:48 +0000

>>> "Richard" == Richard Stallman <address@hidden> writes:

    > Is someone making an effort to find the contributors to matlab-mode.el?
    > How much code do we not have papers for?

On the matlab mailing list we discussed some weeks ago whether to put
the code in EPLA or MELPA, if memory serves me well, then Eric Ludlam,
the maintainer for the last 20 years told us, that there are many
contributors who did not sign papers (and I presume he has no way to
contact them again). I will however ask him again and try to see what I
can do to contact those people.

However I just found a line in matlab.el which worries me

;; Copyright (C) 2004-2010, 2014 The Mathworks, Inc
;; Copyright (C) 1997-2004 Eric M. Ludlam: The MathWorks, Inc
;; Copyright (C) 1991-1997 Matthew R. Wette