Re: Building Emacs on MSYS2

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Building Emacs on MSYS2
Date: Sat, 16 Apr 2016 09:30:03 +0300

> From: Stephen Leake <address@hidden>
> Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2016 16:37:33 -0500
> Cc: address@hidden
>
> One thing I'd like to fix; my build of emacs 25 does not display png
> files. The binary pretest install does. I'd like to figure out the
> difference.

Are both binaries in the same directory?  Is the libpng DLL on PATH or
with one of the binaries?  Do you have more than one libpng DLL, one
of which might be in conflict with the w64 build, or from a different
version of libpng, or lacks its own support libraries?  What is the
version of libpng whose header files are visible when you build your
own Emacs, and are those headers from the same version of libpng as
the DLL you have installed?

These are some of the reasons that might explain the problem.  In
general, it's most probably some kind of DLL hell.