Re: Should outline-minor-mode be globalized?

From: raman
Subject: Re: Should outline-minor-mode be globalized?
Date: Mon, 04 Apr 2016 08:25:17 -0700

John Wiegley <address@hidden> writes:

Hi John,

The following is admittedly a power-user scenario, but other places
(other than text-mode) where I have turned on outline-minor-mode:

1. w3-mode in the past
2. eww-mode

Both of the above when reading ebooks from places like Project
Gutenberg.

In many of those instances, you can productively jump by chapter etc by
appropriately setting outline-regexp to something like "^CHAPTER" and
then using outline-minor-mode navigation commands.

--Raman