Re: Missing changes in merges from emacs-25 to master

From: John Wiegley
Subject: Re: Missing changes in merges from emacs-25 to master
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2016 14:27:54 -0700

> Sorry, I'm not following: the above will just show the diffs between the
> branches. I asked about the reason(s) for the omission of some commits from
> the merge. How will "git diff" satisfy that request?

As for "reason for the omission", I think there are two possible answers:

  1. gitmerge.el auto-marked it to be skipped, and despite my examination of
     each such mark, I failed to see that should not be skipped.

  2. I incorrectly resolved a merge conflict that seemed simple enough to me
     that I didn't e-mail the author of the commit about it.

So, in both case, human error pointed at me. If there's a tool error here, I'd
be surprised.