Re: emacs-25 b6b47AF: Properly encode/decode base64Binary data in SOAP

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: emacs-25 b6b47AF: Properly encode/decode base64Binary data in SOAP
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2016 09:26:22 -0400

> Well, if debbugs.el would get an indication from soap-client.el, whether
> a string was encoded as xsd:string or xsd:base64Binary, it could decode
> the latter values itself.

The multibyteness of the string should be exactly that indication.

> Less convenient, but so what.

Agree, but I don't think soap-client.el can do much more.  It's due to
a problem on the server side.

> Is there a way to tell soap-client.el, what to do with base64 encoded values?

Just a note: "base64" here might be a convenient word to use, but it
focuses on the wrong part of the issue.  soap-client already does the
base64 decoding.
The issue is that the server sends "base64Binary" where the important
word is "Binary".

        Stefan