Re: why was iso-acc.el removed from master?

From: John Wiegley
Subject: Re: why was iso-acc.el removed from master?
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2016 13:28:41 -0800

> That is one of the reasons for me to hang around here: to catch up such
> discussions, but I must have missed it. Do you remember when it was
> approximately?

Sure, it was here, and happened in January 2016:

    http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.devel/198007

> In case there are not and I would agree to be the maintainer, I then have to
> sign FSF copyright? Could I do that by email (scanned signed document)?

Yes, simply send an e-mail to address@hidden, and they'll get you started on
the process.

> BTW since we are now in the 21 century, is there any change that one could
> simply signed these papers by a pgp/smime key or are US courts not that
> modern :'(

You can ask about more efficient processes from the FSF at the above e-mail
address; I'm not sure exactly what liberties they can allow.  It's hard to
rely on a PGP key that you haven't verified either in person, or through a
highly trusted chain of signatures.