Re: Dynamic modules: MODULE_HANDLE_SIGNALS etc.

From: Paul Eggert
Subject: Re: Dynamic modules: MODULE_HANDLE_SIGNALS etc.
Date: Wed, 2 Mar 2016 10:54:10 -0800

On 03/01/2016 01:43 PM, Philipp Stephani wrote:

    https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2015-12/msg00871.html

I think this patch can still be applied as-is, it just simplifies the code a bit without changing any behavior.

OK, thanks, I applied it to master, along with the attached followup which cleans things up a bit more and removes unnecessary runtime checks.

    https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2015-12/msg00881.html

    https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2015-12/msg00902.html

The second one is newer, so the first one should be discarded in favor of the second one. Given the decision to allow longjmp on segfault, it is no longer correct, but a variant (replacing "non-local exits" with "non-local exits due to Lisp `signal' and `throw'") should still be correct and useful.

This one looks more dubious. As I mentioned in the containing thread, the comments are somewhat distracting where they are. Perhaps they could be collected together into a comment in emacs-module.c that summarizes the assumptions it makes.

Also, we really should fix the stack-overflow mess. But that's a bigger topic....