Re: Emacs Hack Night in San Francisco next week; suggestions?

From: YAMAMOTO Mitsuharu
Subject: Re: Emacs Hack Night in San Francisco next week; suggestions?
Date: Sun, 28 Feb 2016 18:26:34 +0900

>> But if anyone has suggestions for fruitful areas of focus, please
>> let me know!

> Just the other day I put together a wish list for things to do in
> the NS (OS X) interface, see `nextstep/WISHLIST'.

The items seem to be moved to etc/TODO.  Among them, I have some
experimental early development code for xwidget_mvp (namely,
WebKit-only xwidget) on OS X, created on top of the Mac port of
course.  Unfortunately, it soon becomes sluggish and unusable.  I
guess this is because the current xwidget code create a view object on
every x_draw_xwidget_glyph_string call (see also
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2016-01/msg01448.html).

                                     YAMAMOTO Mitsuharu
                                address@hidden