Including C sources in packaged Emacs

From: Wilfred Hughes
Subject: Including C sources in packaged Emacs
Date: Sun, 28 Feb 2016 00:41:08 +0000

Currently, most (all?) linux distros package Emacs without C sources. As a result, find-function does not work for any functions written in C. Users who have compiled Emacs themselves have the source, but most don't.

I would love to see Emacs include its C code in /usr/share. In principle this would just be a change to the build script, and I've attached a patch that would work.

Does this seem reasonable? Is there some configure flag that does this already?

Wilfred