Re: Time to move some .el files around?

From: Jochen Hein
Subject: Re: Time to move some .el files around?
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 2016 07:18:50 +0100

Lars Ingebrigtsen <address@hidden> writes:

> Jochen Hein <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> I suggested that file, but after my changes on the file and research
>> into sasl*.el I see that gssapi.el is only relevant for IMAP.  For
>> example we can't use gssapi.el for sieve.
>>
>> So it might be ok to leave the file where it is.
>
> It's still a general, low-level networking library, so it doesn't make
> sense that it lives in the Gnus directory.  Something else that wants to
> talk IMAP may need it one day...

Yes.  And I tried to use gsasl with SMTP, which seems to work. So I'll
probably work on getting gssapi.el working for SMTP as well - so no real
objection to move the file around.  It's just not as generally useful as
I had hoped...

Jochen

--
The only problem with troubleshooting is that the trouble shoots back.