Re: Using xwidget to play youtube videos

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen
Subject: Re: Using xwidget to play youtube videos
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 2016 12:24:48 +1100

address@hidden writes:

> Needless to say I don't experience the glitchiness you seem to
> experience, on my Fedora 23 install(And previouse fedora releases). It
> would be useful to know which library versions you have, and if they are
> older than the one Fedora ships, we could hinder compilation with those
> library versions.

This is what report-emacs-bug says about gtk:

In GNU Emacs 25.1.50.122 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.16.7)
 of 2016-02-22 built on mouse
Repository revision: 87e9e1b61cd4c0356e7f357f5cee6c226dc6fd35
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11702000
System Description:     Ubuntu 15.10

Are there other libraries involved?

> I can also have missed some cases of clipping, which might show up in
> your setup but not in mine. The widget showing up twice might be due to
> a clipping problem. "half, or no times" do you mean that the entire
> xwidget is on screen, but doesnt show properly?

Yes, I had a situation yesterday where the left half just showed the
window background, while the right half showed youtube...