Re: New emacs download page

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: New emacs download page
Date: Sat, 20 Feb 2016 09:29:32 -0500

  > Also, the purpose of this page is to make adoption of GNU Emacs easier,
  > not at all to endorse a distro or another.

The overall purpose of this page is to advance users' freedom.
The overall purpose of GNU Emacs is to advance users' freedom.

Encouraging use of GNU Emacs is a subgoal of that.
We should always remember that it is a subgoal, so that we
are not led to promote the subgoal in ways that work against
the overall purpose.

--
Dr Richard Stallman