Re: Next release from master

From: Paul Eggert
Subject: Re: Next release from master
Date: Thu, 11 Feb 2016 09:21:30 -0800

On 02/10/2016 09:58 AM, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
the best person to write documentation of a feature is the
one who made the change, and the best time to do that is as part of or
immediately following the development, when all the details are still
fresh in that person's memory.

I quite agree with this. The all-too-common habit of "write code first, hope somebody else will document later" is a terribly inefficient way improve Emacs, and we really should change our collective habits in this area. I've been doing my best to document as I go, and find that this is much better -- among other things, documenting is a good way to find bugs before they're committed to the master branch.