Warning on files byte-compiled with different versions

From: Phillip Lord
Subject: Warning on files byte-compiled with different versions
Date: Thu, 11 Feb 2016 14:08:51 +0000

Does Emacs give a warning when loading .elc's created with a different
version?

I ask because I've seen a few problems recently which appear to be
caused by loading ELCs created with Emacs-25 in a Emacs-24.5 release.

Given that Emacs currently emits "compiled file is older than source
file" type warnings, this would seem to be a good thing to me.

Phil