Re: Consistent naming in woman.el

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Consistent naming in woman.el
Date: Thu, 04 Feb 2016 08:24:12 -0500

> woman.el has a mix of WoMan- and woman- prefixes.
> This makes doing M-x slower and you also need to remember if the
> command/function you are using starts with WoMan- or woman-.

Not sure about this case, but such capitalization has been used in some
Elisp packages to indicate "internal" vs "exported" functions/vars/commands.

> Is it OK to set all defun/defvar/etc prefixes to "woman-"?

Please try to figure out exactly what the woman-vs-WoMan distinction was
intended to mean.  Maybe "WoMan-" should turn into "woman--" (which is
the semi-official notation used nowadays to express that a fun/var is
"internal").

> - Only the defcustoms and interactive defuns?

AFAICT there are no "WoMan-" defcustoms.
But other than that, yes I think just keep obsolete aliases for
interactive functions should be sufficient.

        Stefan

PS: Of course we're talking about doing this in master.