Re: Entering Unicode characters

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Entering Unicode characters
Date: Sat, 30 Jan 2016 09:46:32 +0200

> From: Jean-Christophe Helary <address@hidden>
> Date: Sat, 30 Jan 2016 16:36:22 +0900
>
> > Would you like to work on making the Emacs input methods better?
>
> I definitely would. But the only emacslisp I've written so far is the
> solutions for problem 1 and 2 of the Euler Project...
> And I would not know where to start looking for.

If you means start to looking for problems to fix, you have already
identified quite a few.

If you mean start looking for how input methods work under the hood,
the place to start is quail.el, and please ask questions here if you
don't understand something there.  AFAIR, most of it is not hard to
understand.

> I'm thinking that maybe trying to complete the french method so that it
> includes other characters from latin-1 would be a start ?

Yes, definitely a good start.  Thanks.

Also, I don't see your copyright assignment for Emacs on file.
Without it, we will only be able to accept limited contributions from
you.  Would you like me to send you the assignment form, to start the
legal paperwork rolling?

TIA