Re: make project--find-in-file generic, add interactive filename to proj

From: Dmitry Gutov
Subject: Re: make project--find-in-file generic, add interactive filename to project-find-file
Date: Sat, 30 Jan 2016 00:35:27 +0300

On 01/29/2016 05:03 PM, Stefan Monnier wrote:

The main purpose of the new functions would be to improve the handing of
DEFAULT and encourage coders to use it.  IIUC the way we handle default
didn't exist when completing-read was first defined, which is why it's
hidden so far down the list of optional arguments.

The fact that completing-read is expected to return an empty string on empty input, irrespective of REQUIRE-MATCH, seems to be another problem.

On the other hand, if we also fix that, the result would turn out to be overall less versatile.

It so happens that it would also provide good customization points, yes.

What customization points, though? Do you expect it to be used with nadvice?