Re: make project--find-in-file generic, add interactive filename to proj

From: Dmitry Gutov
Subject: Re: make project--find-in-file generic, add interactive filename to project-find-file
Date: Fri, 29 Jan 2016 05:10:40 +0300

On 01/29/2016 01:44 AM, Stefan Monnier wrote:

If I pass filename-at-point as DEFAULT, I don't get either of these items.

Not with completing-read, no.  But the new function would do that (as

Will it make completing-read-function deprecated as well? Unless we can implement the new function in terms of the old one, it seems like we'll have to deal with lots of moving parts.

For instance, with keeping icomplete-mode working appropriately in both cases. That probably means that we can't just use a keymap that makes C-m work differently, because icomplete-mode uses its own bindings.

For 25.1, I'd prefer a less-breaking solution than that.

well as change the calling convention so it'd be in charge of adding
DEFAULT into the prompt).

Can we still call the argument DEFAULT, if it won't always be defaulted to? Similarly, would it still be justified to call it "default" in the prompt?