Re: Next release from master

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Next release from master
Date: Sun, 24 Jan 2016 20:35:29 +0200

> From: Stefan Monnier <address@hidden>
> Cc: address@hidden
> Date: Sun, 24 Jan 2016 13:04:40 -0500
>
> the place where to put bug fixes should always be the same (and same
> for new features).

That's impossible.  Every development means bugs, so bugfixes will
happen on all active branches.  Some of them will be different, some
identical.  But all of the branches will get bugfixes.  And the same
for new features.

> > (Also, I think "stable bleeding-edge" is self-contradictory.)
>
> Yes, it is, but that's what we want people to use for things like
> `emacs-snapshot': when we're in feature freeze, they should use the
> "bug-fix branch", and when we're not they should use the "new
> features" branch.

With 3 branches, there's no need for feature freeze, so I don't think
I understand how all this is relevant to the issue at hand.

Also, didn't you just say that "stable bleeding-edge" should always be
the same branch?  But here you seem to be saying that it's sometimes
this and sometimes that.