Re: Making `interactive' conditional

From: John Wiegley
Subject: Re: Making `interactive' conditional
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 2016 08:20:37 -0800

>> I'd still love to see a faster, more apropos M-x develop in ELPA, if anyone
>> is interested in making that happen.

> As Lars said, instrumentalization is required.

A demonstrative implementation of this feature can be done without
instrumentation. Instrumentation is the "right" way, but is not a necessary
way. We shouldn't think core needs to be changed before we can try out a
fancier M-x.

I'm not against a smarter M-x; I'd like to use it for the same reasons others
have stated (my own completion list right now is massive, slow, and at times,
confusingly over-populated).