Re: Please post older versions of GNU Emacs manuals on the web

From: raman
Subject: Re: Please post older versions of GNU Emacs manuals on the web
Date: Sat, 02 Jan 2016 19:14:56 -0800

1+. The decapitation of defadvice is indeed unfortunate -- it's
replacement (nadvice) doesn't do everything that the original defadvice
did --- and to my knowledge there were no known breakages with
defadvice. Since that change, the new advice layer  -- inconjunction
with the interactive-p change made some things harder, others
impossible -- for details see the comments in the code.

I hadn't realized that the documentation had been pulled -- guess it
makes sense from the overall perspective of what was essentially a move
to deprecate advice.