Re: [elpa] master 88578a4: Increase the default number of hits

From: Glenn Morris
Subject: Re: [elpa] master 88578a4: Increase the default number of hits
Date: Fri, 01 Jan 2016 19:07:35 -0500

Michael Albinus wrote:

>> I noticed today many out-of-memory errors on the machine, apparently due
>> to soap.cgi. This is a PITA, since oomkiller kills off random things,
>> which can include mail handling.
>
> I fear I am guilty. During my tests yesterday, one test ran out of
> control (a loop counter didn't change properly), and many soap requests
> were sent. I'm very sorry for this!

OK, it's good to have a scapegoat, I mean, explanation, for what happened. :)
It seems to be back as of 10 mins ago.

> Hmm, is there a chance to get a reduced version of the debbugs server I
> could run as VM? This could avoid such clashes in the future.

Good idea (something I should have done myself ages ago).
Just set up a minimal Debian stable VM, then copy the list of installed
packages from d.g.org. Don't install the standard debbugs package,
instead just rsync our version (files live in various locations).
IIRC the only things that are customized are exim, mailman, and apache -
look in /etc for settings.