Re: Basic questions about the triage process

From: Noam Postavsky
Subject: Re: Basic questions about the triage process
Date: Wed, 30 Dec 2015 20:19:27 -0500

On Wed, Dec 30, 2015 at 12:21 PM, Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> wrote:

> One needs to read the error message and resubmit the control message
> modified as appropriate.  E.g., one example I tend to bump into is
> when I merge a bug with another one, and debbugs refuses because their
> state is different -- in that case one needs to change the state of
> one of the two bugs and then resubmit the merge directive.

Is there some reason not to use forcemerge?

http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/emacs.git/tree/admin/notes/bugtracker?id=emacs-24.5#n345

    *** Forcing a merge:
    Like 'merge', but bugs need not be in the same state.  The packages
    must still match though (see 'reassign' below).  The first one listed
    is the master.  E.g.:

    forcemerge 123 124 125 ...

    Note: you cannot merge with an archived bug - you must unarchive it first.