Re: Errors in redisplay in eww

From: Ivan Shmakov
Subject: Re: Errors in redisplay in eww
Date: Wed, 30 Dec 2015 14:00:43 +0000

 >>> https://news.ycombinator.com/reply?id=10801669&goto=item?id=10801368

 >>> I see a lot of error messages in *Messages*:

 >>> Invalid face reference: nil [329 times]
 >>> Invalid face reference: nil [2000 times]

 >> I don't get any such errors (running under Linux).  Could you see
 >> what face it is that's nil?

 > The face is (nil (:background "#ffffff")), and the problem happens
 > when we try to merge its car (which is nil, not a valid face).

        If I’m reading the code correctly, the 'face property value is
        set to either a font or the value returned by the
        shr-face-background function, /or/ the value passed to
        shr-add-font is prepended to the current face list.  Could you
        please try doing, say, trace-function-background on these two
        functions and see if the former ever returns anything suspicious
        (like the list above; and for what inputs), or if the latter is
        ever called with a nil TYPE argument?

--
FSF associate member #7257  http://am-1.org/~ivan/      … 3013 B6A0 230E 334A