Re: 4K Bugs

From: Dmitry Gutov
Subject: Re: 4K Bugs
Date: Fri, 25 Dec 2015 21:56:43 +0200

On 12/25/2015 08:40 PM, Lars Ingebrigtsen wrote:

Nobody has requested that feature, but I guess it should be trivial to
implement.

Thanks!

debbugs makes some operations a tiny bit more convenient, but the
users can still use the web interface search.

Uhm...  tiny bit...

It's also less discoverable for less experienced users; the web page at least says "email your comments to ...". When using the debbugs package, the user must be familiar with Gnus key bindings to send a reply (as well as make sure to use the "wide-reply" variety).

I mean, it handy when you know all that, but simply moving it to the core won't make the bug tracker suddenly more accessible to the majority of the users.

It lists all the bugs and allows you to zoom in on what you're
interested in.  I've just gone through all the eww-related bugs (`/
eww'), the shr-related bugs (`/ shr') and I'm now doing the URL ones (`/
URL').

That's nice, but does it offer a lot of advantage over using the search in the web interface, or M-x debbugs-gnu-search?