Re: EWW bugs should be fixed on emacs-25 branch

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: EWW bugs should be fixed on emacs-25 branch
Date: Fri, 25 Dec 2015 09:26:46 +0100

Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> writes:

>> Date: Fri, 25 Dec 2015 09:52:16 +0200
>> From: Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden>
>> Cc: address@hidden
>>
>> please cherry-pick the corresponding changesets to emacs-25
>
> Oh, and when you do that, please mention "backport" in the commit
> message, so that these commits won't be merged back to master.

Commits created with "git cherry-pick" are considered equivalent with
the original for Git with regard to merge histories.  Whatever Git
itself does for checking them in that manner should likely be part of
the manual procedures for "merging back to master", possibly by using
only commits mentioned in "git log --cherry-pick ...".

That way, we need not rely on manual additions to the commit message.

--
David Kastrup