Re: builds are getting slower?

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: builds are getting slower?
Date: Tue, 15 Dec 2015 13:49:07 +0100

Artur Malabarba <address@hidden> writes:

>> On investigation, I find 2e84888 caused a 20% increase in build time.
>>

> Looks like that's my commit. I'm attaching the diff of this commit
> below so that people can have a look and help pinpoint something.
> I only see 2 things that could be to blame:

This is a very, very large commit.  It should have been split into
multiple commits addressing separate issues.  However, in the
description one thing stands out:

> * lisp/files.el (dir-locals-file): Allow wildcards

Depending on how the wildcard search is organized, this may make the
decisive difference.

Can people split the timing tests into user and system time?  Because if
the directory search is at fault, it may be the system time that hits
here.

--
David Kastrup