Re: What would be the best screenshot of Emacs for the homepage?

From: Pierre Lecocq
Subject: Re: What would be the best screenshot of Emacs for the homepage?
Date: Fri, 11 Dec 2015 22:05:45 +0100

> - I want to promote the GNOME enviromnent over Windows/OS X

Wouldn't it be better not to promote any enviromnent (as in "OS" or "Window Manager")?

I understand the idea to promote a FOSS enviromnent vs a proprietary one, but as GNU/Emacs is supported by such a wide variety of plateforms (GNOME is not the default/recommended/usable WM on every ones), it would be better not to include the window bar in screenshots since it is the way (a.k.a the "most used way") to identify the environment (as in "OS" or "Window Manager").

My 2 cts.

On 11 December 2015 at 14:23, Nicolas Petton <address@hidden> wrote:
Yuri Khan <address@hidden> writes:

> On Fri, Dec 11, 2015 at 6:50 PM, Nicolas Petton <address@hidden> wrote:
>
>> So I'm now looking for the best screenshot to be used on the homepage!
>> Ideas welcome, with the following constraints:
>>
>> - The screenshot must be around 800x300px
>
> Any plans for having a separate screenshot for HiDPI displays?

Yes, definitely.

Nico

--
         Pierre Lecocq - http://qsdfgh.com