Re: [Emacs-diffs] emacs-25 c2ba4a2: ; Added documentation for undo-auto

From: John Wiegley
Subject: Re: [Emacs-diffs] emacs-25 c2ba4a2: ; Added documentation for undo-auto functionality.
Date: Thu, 03 Dec 2015 10:54:17 -0500

<#secure method=pgpmime mode=sign>

> This commit documents internal functions and variables. IMO, if we think
> they deserve being documented (and I think I agree), they shouldn't be
> internal in the first place.

If they're truly internal, I don't think they should be documented in
elisp.texi. Sufficient documentation is provided for such functions via the
docstring.

If one feels they do belong in elisp.texi, they shouldn't be internal, as Eli
indicates.

In a sense, elisp.texi defines our "Emacs Lisp API" to programmers, so
anything we document there represent a certain level of commitment.