RE: First draft of the Emacs website

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: First draft of the Emacs website
Date: Wed, 2 Dec 2015 08:45:12 -0800 (PST)

> Thank you for your effort!
>
> When designing the pages (and not only you and only these ones!), please
> don't forget about our handicapped fellows and try to comply with Web
> Accessibility Guidelines (see e.g. http://www.w3.org/WAI/intro/wcag.php
> for start).
>
> Quickly looking at the present state, there are probably some problems
> with contrast and maybe with fonts.  (Rule of thumb if nothing else: If
> something is not very easy to read for a perfectly sighted person then
> it's probably hard to read or unreadable for visually impaired visitors,
> dyslectics or other handicapped people.)  It's also very good to skim
> through the page with a screen reader, if you have the opportunity, to
> discover possible problems for the blind visitors.

FWIW, this is the most helpful feedback about the website, I think.
And here is a one-page overview: http://www.w3.org/WAI/WCAG20/glance/.

Trying to improve accessibility will likely automatically address
some of the other suggestions/concerns that people have raised.
Most of the things that make for an accessible site also make
sense in terms of general UI sanity and ease of use.