Re: Questions about isearch

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Questions about isearch
Date: Sat, 28 Nov 2015 11:28:22 +0200

> From: Mike Kupfer <address@hidden>
> cc: address@hidden
> Date: Fri, 27 Nov 2015 17:36:08 -0800
>
> > There's a companion node "Replacement and Lax Matches", which
> > describes this variable.
>
> Okay, so can a cross-reference to "Replacement and Lax Matches" be added
> to the "Lax Search" node?

I added it now.

> Also, will the help strings for the search and the replace functions be
> updated to mention the relevant character folding variables?  They
> already mention case-fold-search.

I found no search commands whose doc strings mention case-fold-search.

I did find such references in replace commands, and added the
reference to replace-character-fold there.

Thanks.  In the future, please post such suggestions as bug reports
rather than here; if nothing else, that makes it easier to refer to
the discussions in the log messages.