Re: Adding BBDB 3 core to Emacs

From: Roland Winkler
Subject: Re: Adding BBDB 3 core to Emacs
Date: Sat, 21 Nov 2015 16:22:26 -0600

On Sat Nov 21 2015 John Wiegley wrote:
> I would much prefer this to be in "tarball ELPA", so that it is
> included in the distribution, but not a focus for the other
> developers. Would there be any need to include it within core
> itself?

The question is to what extent one wants to consider BBDB a core
functionality that other packages rely upon.  I myself see the pros
and cons of both sides and therefore do not have strong feelings in
either direction.  Yet I certainly hope that in either case such a
decision will not be carved in stone so that if necessary it can be
reviewed once more in later times.

Roland