Re: Dynamic loading progress

From: Paul Eggert
Subject: Re: Dynamic loading progress
Date: Thu, 19 Nov 2015 15:50:29 -0800

On 11/19/2015 03:08 PM, Philipp Stephani wrote:
Returning NULL is fine. malloc also returns NULL on OOM, and module.c handles that.

I'm not so much worried about emacs-module.c. I'm worried about what modules will do. If we tell programmers 'just call xmalloc' things will be easy for them. If not, they'll be more likely to make mistakes.

Is there some way xmalloc (actually, memory_full) can detect that it was invoked from a module rather than from ordinary Emacs code? If so, we could have memory_full do something different than call xsignal, in that case.