Re: Git question. Is there a way of duplicating a git repository?

From: Alan Mackenzie
Subject: Re: Git question. Is there a way of duplicating a git repository?
Date: Sun, 15 Nov 2015 10:43:53 +0000

Hello, Dmitry.

On Sat, Nov 14, 2015 at 07:06:20PM +0200, Dmitry Gutov wrote:
> On 11/14/2015 01:20 PM, Alan Mackenzie wrote:

> > So, is there any convenient way of duplicating a repo (using hard links,
> > and preserving config info)?

> See http://nuclearsquid.com/writings/git-new-workdir/.

I had a look at that site, thanks.

> However, considering your attitude to learning Git internals, maybe you
> should just use one of the two already two methods that you've already
> mentioned, and live with its drawbacks.

Just to clarify that attitude: I'm most unhappy about the fact that I
need to learn about git internals to be able to get work done; I'd far
prefer just to be a git user.  However, when it is necessary to dive
into the internals, I do it.

> git-new-workdir worked fine for me, though, last I tried.

With the help of suggestions from Ken Brown, I've managed to get the
setup I want.

--
Alan Mackenzie (Nuremberg, Germany).