make change-history on non-master branches

From: Glenn Morris
Subject: make change-history on non-master branches
Date: Sat, 14 Nov 2015 21:15:57 -0500

Why does 'make change-history' refuse to run on non-master branches?
It's going to need to be run on the emacs-25 branch, isn't it?

And the resulting ChangeLog.2 entries (and more importantly, any
corrections) will have to be merged to master, just like in the old days?
(I presume gitmerge.el should handle it though.)

(It seems to me that it would be simpler if the corrections to commit
logs were versioned, not the whole generated ChangeLog; but I've said
that before.)