Re: ELPA policy

From: John Wiegley
Subject: Re: ELPA policy
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 2015 09:24:20 -0800

> If a package is useful to recommend, and we CAN get papers for it, we
> definitely want to move it to GNU ELPA.

Yes, this is why I want to clearly define ELPA policy, and streamline things
as much as possible for developers and users: so that it becomes a more
attractive means for distributing Emacs packages. I think many people may be
largely ignoring it right now, and so they reach for MELPA. Since so many
people contribute to MELPA, they consider it a more attractive distribution
platform.

John