Re: Move to a cadence release model?

From: Xue Fuqiao
Subject: Re: Move to a cadence release model?
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 2015 17:02:24 +0800

On Wed, Nov 11, 2015 at 9:55 AM, John Yates <address@hidden> wrote:

Hi John,

> I am unfamiliar with Firefox.  I did read
> https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/about/governance/policies/commit/access-policy/
> but failed to get a good sense of how things work there.

I've contributed to several Mozilla projects, and I know a bit about
Firefox.  I promise that I won't talk too much about this.  If you're
interested, we can discuss on the emacs-tangents list.

Mozilla operates under a module ownership governance system[1].  The
Firefox module owner and peers[2] review the code for Firefox.  The "r+"
flag on Bugzilla means that the code is accepted.  Well, they do require
that the patches should be small, functionally divided, including tests
and with descriptive commit messages.

Most Mozilla projects have two levels of review, known as "review" and
"super-review".  Reviewers look at the actual fix/feature/design and its
maintainability/security/compatibility/localization/coding-style;
super-reviewers look how a patch fits into the broader Mozilla codebase.
Similiar to Chromium/LibreOffice/OpenStack, Mozilla also uses a code
review platforms, such as MozReview[3].

For continuous integration testing, Mozilla uses/develops an extensive
set of tools like Buildbot/TaskCluster and Treeherder.  See
https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Continuous_Integration for details.

[1] https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/about/governance/policies/module-ownership/
[2] https://wiki.mozilla.org/Modules/Firefox
[3]