Re: ELPA policy

From: Stephen Leake
Subject: Re: ELPA policy
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 2015 17:10:42 -0600

Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> writes:

>> From: John Wiegley <address@hidden>
>> Cc: Stephen Leake <address@hidden>,
>> address@hidden, Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden>,
>> address@hidden, Dmitry Gutov <address@hidden>,
>> address@hidden
>> Date: Tue, 10 Nov 2015 10:52:41 -0800
>>
>> > Why?
>>
>> There will never be 100% agreement on whether they should be in ELPA, or be
>> in
>> Core, so I'm making the decision that they belong in ELPA.
>
> IMO, it's a mistake to move CEDET.

Bald statements of preference, without rationale, do not help move this
discussion forward.

We are trying to establish a general ELPA policy, not just vote on one
particular package.

What is it about CEDET that makes it a poor candidate?

How would your workflow suffer if it was moved?

How would users suffer?

--
-- Stephe