Re: ELPA policy

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: ELPA policy
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 2015 22:34:16 +0200

> Cc: address@hidden, address@hidden,
>  address@hidden, address@hidden, address@hidden
> From: Dmitry Gutov <address@hidden>
> Date: Tue, 10 Nov 2015 22:19:46 +0200
>
> So someone else should probably start on taking care of that. Otherwise,
> I'd rather fall back on Grep, until such point that Emacs starts to
> manage the Global/id-utils/CScope datbases for the user, and learns to
> make sure that the database is up-to-date.

Grep doesn't scale well to large projects, IME.  You get too many
false positives.

Outdated databases are easy to avoid with the likes of cron jobs.
Yes, that's hand-holding, but when you have to quickly find stuff in a
project with 3 million lines of code and thousands of classes, there
really is no other alternative.