Re: use-package.el -> Emacs core

From: João Távora
Subject: Re: use-package.el -> Emacs core
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 2015 15:55:24 +0000

On Tue, Nov 10, 2015 at 3:15 PM, John Wiegley <address@hidden> wrote:

> Against (2):
>
> - Oleh Krehel - It encourages people away from learning Elisp
> - João Távora - Adds too many bells & whistles
> - [Stefan Monnier] - It detracts from authors taking package.el more
> seriously (?)

I missed the recent changes in emacs-devel regarding maintainership. I
understand
you, John, are the head maintainer, but has emacs-devel moved to a
"vote" system?

Also "adds too many bells & whistles" is not a good summary of my
opinion. I'm not even
sure I am "against it". I haven't seen any fair comparisons. Basically
"wants to see
fair comparisons between different alternatives" would be a more
objective summary, if
such a thing is needed

--
João Távora