Re: Dynamic loading progress

From: Steinar Bang
Subject: Re: Dynamic loading progress
Date: Mon, 09 Nov 2015 14:16:21 +0100

> I already merged master in my branch at some point, and did so with
> `merge --squash` IIRC, note to self: never do that again.

Indeed.

What this did was replace the master history merged into your branch
with a single commit containing the diffs.

This resulted in files with the same content, but with a broken history.

The way I would have fixed this, would have been
 - make a copy of the current branch
 - roll back the branch to the commit just before the squash merge
 - do a regular merge with emacs master
 - cherry pick all commits made to the original branch after the squash
   merge

After this I would have had a branch with identical contents, but that
can be merged without problems to emacs master.