Re: merging the xwidget_mvp branch

From: Nicolas Petton
Subject: Re: merging the xwidget_mvp branch
Date: Thu, 05 Nov 2015 13:13:05 +0100

address@hidden writes:

> Stefan expressed interest in merging the xwidget_mvp branch before the
> Emacs 25 release. If we could make that happen it would be great. If
> not, so be it, but I would need to know well in advance, because of other
> possible commitments.
>
> For those who don't know, the xwidget_mvp branch is allows embedding of
> an webkit widget in an emacs window. (There is also an xwidget branch
> that has more features but it is not ready for inclusion).
>
> The branch wouldn't actually be merged, rather a patch would be
> extracted and applied to master, because the branch has irrelevant
> history.

I just tried it, switching to the xwidget_mvp branch and compiling
Emacs, but I get the following errors after a `M-x xwidget-browse-url':

read-string: Symbol’s value as variable is void: xwidget-view-list
xwidget-kill-buffer-query-function: Symbol’s function definition is
void: get-buffer-xwidgets

I guess I'm doing something wrong, or not compiling it properly.

Nico