Re: JSON mode

From: Josh Johnston
Subject: Re: JSON mode
Date: Thu, 29 Oct 2015 03:47:40 +0000 (UTC)

Dmitry Gutov <dgutov <at> yandex.ru> writes:

> There is the issue of another mode with the same name, though:
> https://github.com/joshwnj/json-mode
>
> It's also relatively simple, and it's distributed via MELPA. I've used
> it for .json files for a while.
>
> Maybe you could contact the author, and agree on a merge of some kind? I
> guess what's important is that Josh doesn't feel left out, and that the
> one resulting mode doesn't lose on features.

Hi, Josh here. Just wanted to follow up on the thread as Simen and I have
been discussing over email. I'm really looking forward to seeing Simen's new
json-mode included in GNU Emacs and I'm very happy for it to use the
"json-mode" name.

We've also discussed a strategy to ensure that users of the old json-mode
can opt in to the new version as they choose (simply by uninstalling the old
package).