Re: About the CA form

From: Stephen Berman
Subject: Re: About the CA form
Date: Fri, 23 Oct 2015 16:06:49 +0200

On Fri, 23 Oct 2015 15:03:41 +0200 Andreas Röhler <address@hidden> wrote:

>  On 23.10.2015 13:03, Jeff Clough wrote:
>> Artur Malabarba<address@hidden>  writes:
>>
>>> Is there a PDF template of the FSF's Copyright Assignment form
>>> available online?  Maybe this is documented somewhere, but I couldn't
>>> find anything with a few brief searches.
>> I don't know about online, but sending an email to
>> "address@hidden" will get you what you need.
>>
>>> I ask because I think some people might be more confortable assigning
>>> copyright if they could know beforehand exactly what the form states
>>> (at least I know it was a small concern for me).
>> For me, there was no part of the assignment process where I was not
>> given as much time as I needed to read over and understand what I was
>> submitting, signing over, or otherwise giving to the FSF.
>>
>> Again, I'd recommend contacting address@hidden so you can see
>> for yourself and get your answers directly. If there is some reason the
>> forms/templates aren't available online, the clerk will likely know why.
>>
>> Jeff
>>

> Did you sign to indemnify the FSF even in case, a claim of copyright
> infringement brought forward was unfounded?

That's not what the (or at least my) Copyright Assignment says, but
rather (paragraph 7c):

"Developer is not obliged to defend FSF against any spurious claim of
adverse ownership, but will cooperate with FSF in defending against any
such claim and will indemnify FSF for all losses if the claim is not
spurious, i.e. if the adverse claimant is a true owner and FSF is
^^^^^^^^
thereby damaged, including but not limited to the amount of all adverse
damage judgments and costs of litigation."

> At least that was the kind of stipulation I remember... Not surprised the text
> isn't found without effort.

Steve Berman