Re: Question on pcase

From: Michael Heerdegen
Subject: Re: Question on pcase
Date: Fri, 23 Oct 2015 15:07:13 +0200

Oleh Krehel <address@hidden> writes:

> Thanks Michael, that's almost exactly what I need. The only thing is
> that I don't understand what `-bind-' is.

That's just a placeholder I used.  Depending on what pcase form you are
using (`pcase', `pcase-lambda', `pcase-let'), the semantic is a bit
different.

You can just imagine that it creates a local binding, like `let', and
that binding is available in the CODE part of the

  (PATTERN CODE...)

of this branch.

The actual code `pcase' produces is easy as well but longer; when I
included this aspect in `pcase-demystify-pattern', the result would look
more like what you would get with `macroexpand', so I don't think it
would be useful, since the semantic is also slightly different in other
`pcase' derived macros.

Michael.