Re: Question on pcase

From: Oleh Krehel
Subject: Re: Question on pcase
Date: Fri, 23 Oct 2015 13:58:57 +0200

Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> writes:

> Maybe we should have some higher-level facility to expand a pcase into
> a human-readable form.  Would something like this be possible and
> useful?

Yes, this is almost exactly what I mean. And there's some functionality
for this in Edebug. The thing is that I don't want to go through Edebug
and want to just step though things with `eval-last-sexp'.

The major disadvantage currently is that I can't "step into" a `pcase'
with "C-x C-e": I can either evaluate the whole thing or nothing.  I
really want to be able to evaluate a single branch.  I'd be happy to add
this functionality, I just need a little guidance so that I don't
reinvent the wheel.