Re: How to fix the code block fonts for mobile rendered manual web pages

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: How to fix the code block fonts for mobile rendered manual web pages?
Date: Wed, 21 Oct 2015 06:26:45 +0200

Kaushal Modi <address@hidden> writes:

> About not "top-posting", I had to google to understand what that meant
> :) I am replying from the Gmail app and this time I unchecked the
> "Quote text" checkbox which is always checked by default.. hope that
> helps this time.

"Quote text" is a good _starting_ point for a reply referencing the
original content, and Google leaves the cursor at the start of the
quoted area.  You now leave only those parts in your reply that you are
actually reponding to, responding right after them.

Be sure to remove _everything_ that isn't relevant or referenced (but
please do not pretend it never was written in the first place: that
happens surprisingly often on this list, so make sure what you delete
really isn't relevant to your reply): that's a courtesy to the readers,
saving them from having to reread a lot of stuff that has no bearing on
the discussion, but still making it possible to understand your current
point from just reading the current message.

As long as you understand "Quote text" as the _starting_ point of
working with the context of the original mail, it is fine.

--
David Kastrup