Re: Dynamic loading progress

From: Philipp Stephani
Subject: Re: Dynamic loading progress
Date: Tue, 20 Oct 2015 18:52:24 +0000

Stephen Leake <address@hidden> schrieb am Di., 20. Okt. 2015 um 17:48 Uhr:
Daniel Colascione <address@hidden> writes:

> A runtime describes Emacs as a whole. It lives forever and has no thread
> affinity. An environment represents a specific stack activation of an
> Emacs module function. It has thread affinity. Because environments have
> thread affinity, we can very cheaply store local references, error
> context, and whatever else we want in them.

Please add this to comments in the API, so we don't forget.

 Or implement it incorrectly. For example, the runtime object in my pull request is local to the init function.

If the runtime object is static, does its get_environment function always return the same environment? In other words, is that environment also static?