Re: vc-next-action RCS vs hg: copies the entry of ChangeLog

From: Uwe Brauer
Subject: Re: vc-next-action RCS vs hg: copies the entry of ChangeLog
Date: Mon, 19 Oct 2015 13:57:27 +0300

   > On 10/19/2015 01:45 PM, Uwe Brauer wrote:

   > Right. It shows the full contents of commit messages. Which should
   > have ChangeLog entries in them, if you committed from inside Emacs,
   > using vc-next-action.

   > Indeed.

   > Because, like I explained in this very thread, vc-hg-print-log doesn't
   > use the '-v' argument when calling 'hg log'.

   > Call 'hg log -v' at this step.

   > 'git log' doesn't need '-v'.

You are right I am wrong.

I send you a possible hg log
hg log --template "commit {node}\nAuthor: {author}\nDate:
{date|rfc822date}\n{desc}\n{nofiles}\n"

And for me it looks very much than the one of git, so one could just use
the same code.

However you seem to prefer a different format.

Could you please tell me what you have in mind?

So I could try to play with the templates.

Thanks